Drinking Water is the essence of life and Superior Tank is proud to support the 2019 AWWA Drinking Water Week! Drinking Water Week was conceived over 40 years ago by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) to promote the vital role drinking water has in our lives. Only 1% of the water on earth is suitable to drink and without water a human can only survive 4-7 days. Drinking Water Week highlights the need to reduce water consumption and protect the various sources of drinking water including lakes, underground aquifers and rivers. Here are some basic ways you can make an impact!
- Turning off the water when brushing your teeth saves up to 4 gallons of water.
- Taking shorter showers as 10-minute shower can use 20 gallons of water!
- 30% of total water consumption is outdoor use and only watering landscape when needed can reduce this percentage 0% of total water consumption is outdoor use and only watering landscape
- Fixing running / leaking toilets can save 200 gallons per day
- Use a hose with automatic shut off nozzle when washing your car or take to automatic car wash which recycles water
- Upgrade to water efficient dishwashers and clothes washers: ask your local water agency if rebates are available!
- Soak up any outdoor oil spills with absorbent then discard into trash
- Repair cars with fluid leaks to avoid storm water contamination